Table of Contents
Power Distribution 101
Mobility and Water Distribution 101
Redwood Energy provides a comprehensive guide on the benefits of and strategies for electrifying your home, including information on how to electrify on a tight budget, how to save money by avoiding electric service upgrades, case studies, and an extensive product guide. More guides from Redwood Energy.
The 2030 Equitable Climate Action Plan (ECAP) was adopted by City Council in July 2020. The ECAP is the City’s 10-year plan for mitigating and adapting to the climate crisis in ways that improve racial equity across Oakland.
The Resilient Oakland Playbook is a strategy document developed to help the City of Oakland tackle systemic and structural challenges. The playbook outlines ways the city can collaborate together in order to help its communities stay rooted, ensure equitable access to quality education, and develop good jobs, stable housing, and public safety. The EcoBlock project is part of Oakland’s plan to: (1) reduce current and future climate and seismic risks and (2) maximize the value of collective infrastructure investments.
von Meier, A. & Kammen, D. The EcoBlock Project and the ‘Own Use’ Exemption under Public Utilities Code Section 218 – A Way Forward for Privately Operated Microgrids.
- Brown, Nahas, and Wolfson. “Unlocking the Potential Eco-Makeover of Urban Residential Neighborhoods.” Download
- Ostfeld, von Meier, Whitmeyer, and Bariya. “EcoBlock: Grid Impacts, Scaling, and Resilience.” View Report
- Fraker, Harrison. The Hidden Potential of Sustainable Neighborhoods: Lessons from Low-Carbon Communities. Island Press; 2013.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine 2021. Enhancing Community Resilience through Social Capital and Social Connectedness: Stronger Together! . Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. View Report
- Walker, Casquero-Modrego and Less. “Challenges and Opportunities for Home Decarbonization.” March 2023. View Report